Mastercard is fairly widely accepted around the world, so you should be able to use your U.S.
issued Mastercard wherever you are, to make purchases or withdraw cash.
Don’t forget though, most credit and debit cards used in Europe, Canada and Australia will have ‘chip and PIN’ technology.
Does Mastercard work internationally?
Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted worldwide. If an establishment takes credit cards, it’s a good bet that your Visa or Mastercard will work. American Express has an international presence, too, but it is accepted by fewer merchants.
Which credit cards can be used internationally?
Best Credit Cards for International Travel:
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – Best Overall.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – Best from Chase.
- Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card – Best for No Annual Fee.
- Capital One® Secured Mastercard® – Best for Bad Credit.
- Citi Premier℠ Card – Best for Points.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – Best Chip & PIN.
Can I use my CommBank Mastercard overseas?
Debit Mastercard is accepted at more than 35 million locations worldwide. You can also use it to withdraw cash from any ATM that displays the Maestro, Mastercard or Cirrus logo. If either cards are lost or stolen when you’re overseas you can: Cancel and order replacement CommBank cards in NetBank or in the CommBank app.
Does Mastercard have international fees?
The foreign transaction fee is composed of two parts. The first is charged by the credit card network (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) while the other part is imposed by the issuer (Citibank, Chase, etc.). Visa and MasterCard both charge a fee of 1%.