- Is Discover card a Visa or Mastercard?
- Can I use a Discover card anywhere?
- Are Discover cards good?
- Is Discover Card accepted in Europe?
- How widely is Discover Card accepted?
- Does Amazon accept Discover Card?
- Which stores accept Discover Card?
- Which Discover card is best?
- What countries accept Discover Card?
- Is Discover Card hard to get?
- What are the benefits of having a Discover Card?
- What credit score is needed for Discover Card?
Visa and Mastercard are the most widely-used card payment networks abroad, while Discover and American Express are still very much U.S.
There are many places where Discover cards aren’t accepted at all, such as most of Africa and the Middle East, and several countries in Asia, Europe, and South America.22 Jan 2019
Is Discover card a Visa or Mastercard?
Discover is both a credit card issuer and a card network. Visa and Mastercard are networks only. Visa and Mastercard are accepted in more than 200 countries and territories, compared to 185 for Discover.6 May 2018
Can I use a Discover card anywhere?
WalletHub, Financial Company. Discover cards are accepted by more than 9 million U.S. merchants. That covers just about everywhere credit cards can be used domestically. Even in the countries where Discover Card is accepted, you’ll still find a many merchants that only accept Mastercard and Visa.23 Nov 2017
Are Discover cards good?
Discover credit cards are not as widely accepted as leading competitors. It’s one of the reasons we think that the Discover it® Cash Back is a great option as a supplemental credit card. Use it to earn the bonus rewards, but keep a more accepted primary card around just in case.11 Jun 2019
Is Discover Card accepted in Europe?
In Europe, day-to-day spending can be more cash-based. American credit cards work throughout Europe (at hotels, larger shops and restaurants, travel agencies, car-rental agencies, and so on); Visa and MasterCard are the most widely accepted. American Express is less common, and the Discover card is unknown in Europe.
How widely is Discover Card accepted?
So in the United States, you shouldn’t have trouble using a Discover card, as it’s accepted nearly everywhere that takes credit cards. American Express, however, is accepted by only 6.9 million merchants in the United States. This is largely due to the higher fees the company charges merchants with each swipe.
Does Amazon accept Discover Card?
Accepted payment methods. Amazon Pay accepts credit and debit cards and transfers from your available Amazon Pay account balance. Credit cards currently accepted include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB. An Amazon.com store card is available for use with selected merchants.
Which stores accept Discover Card?
Visa and Mastercard are the most widely-used card payment networks abroad, while Discover and American Express are still very much U.S. oriented.
Which Discover card is best?
NerdWallet’s Best Discover Credit Cards of 2019
- Discover it® Cash Back: Best for Everyday spending.
- Discover it® Balance Transfer: Best for Balance transfers.
- Discover it® Miles: Best for Travel.
- Discover it® Student Cash Back: Best for College students.
- Discover it® Secured: Best for Building or rebuilding credit.
What countries accept Discover Card?
Where is a Discover card accepted internationally?
- High Merchant Acceptance:Argentina, Brazil, China, Dominican Republic, India, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Puerto Rico.
- Moderate Merchant Acceptance:Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom.
Is Discover Card hard to get?
There aren’t any Discover cards that flat-out require excellent credit, currently. But we recommend a score of at least 700, which is toward the top of the good range, for the cards that require good credit for approval. So most Discover cards may be a tough get for the average person, who has a credit score of 669.
What are the benefits of having a Discover Card?
Here are five unique benefits Discover it® cardmembers enjoy that you might have a hard time finding on other cards.
Discover it® cardmember benefits
- Freeze it™
- Cashback at checkout with Discover Cash Over.
- Price protection.
- Free FICO® credit scores.
- Customer-friendly rates, fees, and service.
What credit score is needed for Discover Card?
Sources Suggest a Minimum 648 FICO Score
For Discover it® cards, most reports indicate a FICO score between 680 and 720 should get you a good offer. One myFICO user reports being approved with a credit score of 648, suggesting Discover may have more flexible credit score requirements.