Mastercard is fairly widely accepted around the world, so you should be able to use your U.S.
issued Mastercard wherever you are, to make purchases or withdraw cash.
Don’t forget though, most credit and debit cards used in Europe, Canada and Australia will have ‘chip and PIN’ technology.
Can I use my Mastercard debit card overseas?
As long as you have a globally accepted debit card (such as a Visa or Mastercard), you should be able to access your funds easily internationally. You can use such a card at EFTPOS terminals, to withdraw cash from ATMs and to make purchases online.
Does Mastercard have international fees?
The foreign transaction fee is composed of two parts. The first is charged by the credit card network (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) while the other part is imposed by the issuer (Citibank, Chase, etc.). Visa and MasterCard both charge a fee of 1%.
Can I use my BPI Mastercard abroad?
BPI credit cards can be used in any establishments worldwide that accept Visa or Mastercard. In fact, BPI credit cards are among the best cards for international transactions. They have a low foreign currency transaction fee of 1.85% (1.75% for BPI Family Credit Card).
Which credit cards can be used internationally?
Best Credit Cards for International Travel:
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – Best Overall.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – Best from Chase.
- Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card – Best for No Annual Fee.
- Capital One® Secured Mastercard® – Best for Bad Credit.
- Citi Premier℠ Card – Best for Points.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – Best Chip & PIN.