Best Credit Cards for Students
- Wells Fargo Cash Back College. Best Overall, Best With a Low APR, Best for Earning Rewards.
- Discover it Chrome for Students. Best for Avoiding Fees.
- Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students. Best for Studying Abroad.
- Journey Student Rewards from Capital One. Best for Learning About Credit.
Is there any credit card for students?
A student credit card is a credit card that is offered to students at college level. Any student beyond the age of 18 years is eligible to apply for the credit card as it does not have an income eligibility limit. The cards have lower interest rates and have a validity period of 5 years.
Are student credit cards a good idea?
When used properly, credit cards can be a great way to build up a limited credit history, which will become important when you graduate and need to rent an apartment, get a car loan or maybe even a mortgage. Current interest rates for student credit cards typically fall in the 7 – 16% range.
What is the best credit card 2019?
Best Credit Cards of 2020
- Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card: Best for Flat-rate cash back.
- Discover it® Cash Back: Best for Rotating cash back.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: Best for Travel.
- Discover it® Balance Transfer: Best for Low interest.
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card: Best for Rewards.
Should I get a student credit card or regular credit card?
Student credit cards
They work just like regular credit cards, but they’re much easier to qualify for. You don’t need a certain credit score — or any credit history, for that matter. So if your card offers 1% cash back on all purchases, the most you’d earn in a month would be $10 in rewards.